That’s right. This hummus recipe is YUM! I’m thinking about going to the grocery store and getting some cucumbers and tomatoes to mix with my quinoa. I’m going to have a Mediterranean FEAST for lunch.
I found this recipe on all-recipes dot com, but I’ve adjusted it to reflect the minor alterations I made to it. What’s your favorite hummus recipe?
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained -but reserve the liquid!!
- 4 T lemon juice
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- Paprika, to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- In a food processor, chop the garlic. Make sure garlic is chopped well.
- Add garbanzo beans, 2 T lemon juice, tahini, and 1/4 c of liquid from beans in blender. Blend until creamy and well mixed.
- Taste and check for consistency. Add more lemon juice, salt, liquid from beans or olive oil as needed for taste and texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium serving bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle olive oil over the top.