Well, HEY there Free Time! Where have you been hiding?
I know, I know. It’s been a sweet forever (AGAIN) since I’ve updated. And I’m sure you’re probably thinking, “Is she really going to try to revive this thing again?” Yes. Yes I am. And you’re going to love every minute.
My work schedule just changed to a part-time situation. This translates to a happier world. Trust me, it happens like this:
- Less time at work means that I can get more accomplished during normal daytime hours and not be stressed all the day long and running around like mad/stressing over to-do lists in the evening.
- Getting more accomplished during normal daytime hours means that I have more evenings free to do fun, non-obligatory things.
- Non-obligatory things means that I will once again be able to (somewhat, there are other evening commitments not able to be completed during the day – i.e. pre-marital counseling, bible study, etc.) embrace spontaneity with open arms.
- Embracing spontaneity means that I can re-engage in certain friendships and build new ones.
- Building new friendships and maintaining established ones means that there is more ecstatic Emily for everyone!
- Ipso Facto Columbo Oreo: Less time at work => Happier world.
See? I promise not to wow you with amazing proofs later…. You’re welcome.
Here’s what I have been up to: Wedding planning. Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Michael and I have been busy (as have our families). Let me just say that wedding planning is not something I would make a career of. It’s nice that I’m a “little J,” as Mike says, because once the decision is made – it’s made. And there’s no more stress or worrying. It is what it is and it will be whatever it will. We’re not looking for the perfect day. I expect some things won’t turn out well, but you know what? At the end of the day we’ll be married, and that’s what we care about. So for the person who stains my dress (most likely me), don’t worry about it! I’m not. =)