Michaela, this post is for you. In lieu of writing about NYC, which I will get to one day, I’m going to give you 10 random things that you may or may not already know.
1. I’ve been running since the start of the new year and will run in my first (and wackiest) race in May called the Warrior Dash.
2. My roommate and I will be dressed as synchronized swimmers for that race.
3. I think I’ve lost about ten pounds since I last saw you.
4. This might be one of the happiest years of my life so far.
5. I love my job, but see it as a stepping stone. I keep wondering where God might lead me.
6. I haven’t really painted or drawn anything since my first or second year out of high school. The last thing I painted I gave away to someone and we no longer are friends.
7. Austin is the first city I’ve ever really felt home. But I love going to Cypress and visiting my parents and Patrick and friends.
8. I’ve started to become o.k. with the idea of never knowing what I want to be when I grow up. I hope when I’m 78 that I can still wonder what I’ll be when I grow up!
9. I stopped having nightmares about being sick a while ago. A patient’s mom called my work the other day asking for the doctor’s advice about her son having to get a PICC line. I got the heebie jeebies when she said it and handed the phone to someone else.
10. Sometimes I forget that you have a tattoo until something reminds me of you trying to show me when I was nearly asleep in the hospital. Did I tell you this might be the most content I’ve been in a while?
Miss you! See you at Heather’s wedding!